We are living in some interesting times right now, with all the talk of COVID-19, staying in, and stopping the spread. I want to give you some healthy tips to help you stay healthy not just during this time, but for anytime. The winter season tends to be the time when we are at most risk for getting sick as it is sick season, however, it’s important to always take care of your body. I wanted to make a quick post on a few things to help you stay healthy.
- DON’T STRESS out over all of this stuff. Prolonged worry and stress weakens our immune systems and leaves us more susceptible to getting viruses and infections as well as other disease states.
- EAT WELL. When we eat well, we give our bodies the nutrients they need to help fight off sickness. Eat whole foods that have a lot of color. Load of on all the veggies and fruit. Remember that the sugar from fruit is different than the sugar that has been processed. Limit processed sugar to very very little. Sugar weakens the immune system, therefore, it is not able to fight off illness.
- MOVE. Get exercise. We need to move our bodies. Movement kicks the immune system into gear and make the natural killer cells work to fight off foreign invaders in our bodies.
- WASH YOUR HANDS.
- WIPE OFF INFECTED SURFACES.
- DON’T TOUCH YOUR FACE.
- COVER YOUR MOUTH WHEN YOU COUGH. Ideally cough into a disposable napkin, kleenex, etc.
- STAY IN TO AVOID THE SPREAD.
These are some simple ways you can take control of protecting yourself. There are so many things that are out of our control, but these are things you can do and you can control.
Stay healthy. If you have questions or are interested in customized health coaching, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org